Community Mental Health & Wellbeing Fund - 2nd Year Information Sessions
5.00pm - 6.00pm
Join our dedicated fund officer for an information session on the Community Mental Health and Wellbeing Fund for Renfrewshire.
Information Session Info
All sessions within work hours (9am to 5pm) will be offered hybrid style - please choose when booking if you will attend in person or online. In person meetings will be held at the Engage Renfrewshire offices.
All sessions held after 5pm will be held via Zoom.
Please let us know when booking if there is anything we can do to ensure you are able to access the session.
General Fund Info
The intended outcome of this Fund is to “develop a culture of mental wellbeing and prevention within local communities and across Scotland with improved awareness of how we can all stay well and help ourselves and others”.
The overarching aim of the Fund is to support community based initiatives that promote and develop good mental health and wellbeing and/or mitigate and protect against the impact of distress and mental ill health within the adult population, with a particular focus in 2022/23 on:
1. Tackling priority issues within the Transition and Recovery Plan such as suicide prevention, social isolation and loneliness, prevention and early intervention https://www.gov.scot/publications/mental-health-scotlands-transition-recovery
2. Addressing the mental health inequalities exacerbated by the pandemic and the needs of a range of ‘at risk’ groups locally
3. Supporting small ‘grass roots’ community groups and organisations to deliver such activities
4. Providing opportunities for people to connect with each other, build trusted relationships and revitalise communities
5. Supporting recovery and creativity locally by building on what is already there, what was achieved through the pandemic, and by investing in creative solutions
Who can apply
New and previously funded groups are eligible to apply. The ambition of this Fund is to support initiatives which promote mental health and wellbeing at a small scale, grass roots, community level. It is accessible to all groups, no matter how small or inexperienced they are. It can support both new and existing groups or projects. Your group does not have to have mental health and wellbeing as your main focus, but your application does have to clearly benefit the mental wellbeing of people in your community.
Applications will be accepted from a range of voluntary, ‘not for profit’ organisations, associations, groups and clubs or consortiums/partnerships which have a strong community focus for their activities. The range of organisations that can apply are:
- Scottish Charitable Incorporated Organisations (SCIO)
- Unincorporated Associations
- Companies Limited by Guarantee
- Not-for-profit company or asset locked company or Community Interest Companies (CIC)
- Cooperative and Community Benefit Societies
- Community councils
- School community councils
See the full fund guidance here: https://engagerenfrewshire.org/engage-support/community-mental-health-wellbeing-fund.html