ensuring the voice of our network is heard & understood by decision makers and funders
Engage Renfrewshire: supporting community organisations
Engage Renfrewshire supports community organisations to build capacity and to be safe, by providing information, advice and training, covering everything from governance and constitutions, to funding and Boards.
We can help you achieve the change you would like to see in your local community.
We can support you with
- Establishing a new group
- Setting up your constitution
- Becoming a Scottish Registered Charity, Community Interest Company (CIC) or other format
- Navigating local community planning structures
- Applying for voluntary and statutory funding
- Developing sustainability for your group
- Developing your group’s capacity and resources
- Other advice and support
Please see our comprehensive collection of Quick Guides available to download
We organise free training courses (see our calendar here), here at Engages offices and online, to give you the skills you need to operate more effectively and to strengthen your service delivery. These include:
- Governance/Committee skills
- Roles and responsibilities of the Board of Directors/Trustees
- Bookkeeping and Financial Systems
- Charity Trading
- Trust and Grant funding
We also promote training courses organised by our partner organisations that we believe will be of use to you and your organisation. Have a look at what’s coming up using our training calendar (see our calendar here).
We help you identify the right funding by providing:
- GRANTfinder is a web based funding directory containing information on over 8,000 funders allowing you to search using your project criteria. A free session can be provided online or in person
- The annual Engage Funding Fair, providing the opportunity to chat to funding officers from a variety of local and national funders. For example The National Lottery, Renfrewshire Council, Glasgow Flightpath Fund, Corra and others
- 1-2-1 funding spotlight sessions, showcasing a funder and offering the chance to discuss funding ideas directly with them. Previous sessions have included The National Lottery Community Fund, Robertson Trust and BBC Children In Need
- Discussing your organisational needs on an informal basis whenever required
- Proof reading and being a critical friend on funding applications prior to submission.
- Partnership working with Renfrewshire Council’s Economic Development Team, to provide joined up support and advice.
- Read our blog here Funding Blog.
Quick links to some local funds:
- The National Lottery Community Fund
- Glasgow Airport - Flightpath Fund
- Foundation Scotland
- Renfrewshire Council - Funding and Grants
Information on setting up and running an organisation:
Setting up groups, training and funding Scottish Council for Voluntary Organisations
Setting up a charity OSCR (Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator)
Local information across Renfrewshire Renfrewshire Council
Working with local people in their own neighbourhoods to bring people together, empower residents and develop a community voice CEIS
How to show your funders that you are doing a great job Evaluation Support Scotland
For further information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 0141 887 7707 and subscribe for our free weekly e-alert with funding links, training dates and other information.