Volunteer Scotland - Creating a positive and supportive volunteer experience
10am - 4pm
This one-day course will cover everything you need to know about creating a positive and supportive volunteer experience.
What does the course cover:
Volunteers who are well supported from the start are happy volunteers and happy volunteers are more likely to make a difference. So how do you support them?
Support goes beyond simply meeting volunteers regularly, it is about building a positive relationship with volunteers from the start. This course will help you plan and deliver a suitable induction process and identify and apply different support methods throughout a volunteer’s time with you. It will also help you manage some of the challenges of supporting volunteers, and how to create a positive ending for volunteers.
This course will also help you gain an understanding of what good practice looks like in line with the volunteer quality standards, and how to ensure volunteers have a great volunteer experience.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Identify and apply the right support methods for the individual.
- Design a volunteer induction process.
- Manage challenging volunteer situations.
- Create positive endings for volunteers.
Who is it aimed at:
This course is aimed at people who are new to supporting volunteers or perhaps individuals that would like to refresh their skills and knowledge. The course is suitable for both volunteers and paid staff members with responsibility for supporting volunteers.
Benefits attending this course:
- Opportunity to invest in your own learning and development.
- Experienced trainers, who have run volunteer programmes as well as developed volunteer programmes, and who are experienced assessors for a volunteer quality standard.
- Training linked to good practice in line with quality standards.
- Opportunity to network with other volunteer practitioners.
- Opportunity to join Volunteer Scotland learning community.
What recognition will I receive:
This course is certificated by Volunteer Scotland, you will receive a certificate and digital badge.