Third Sector Lab - Key data skills for everyone
11am - 12.30pm
WHAT’S IT ABOUT?
This workshop is an opportunity to explore some of the key data skills that everyone in an organisation should have. We’ll cover the key issues of what data collection involves, what to bear in mind when working with data and some simple tools that can help people have better conversations about data in the organisation.
Specifically we will cover:
- How things are measured
- How measurements are summarised
- How summaries are communicated to others
- The strengths and weaknesses of these different approaches
- Some simple tools to help people work better with data
WHO’S IT FOR?
Anyone involved in a third sector organisation, volunteers, paid employees or trustees.
WHO WILL BE RUNNING THE WORKSHOP?
Ben Proctor, Innovation Director at Data Orchard CIC. Ben has been training people to make better use of data for thirty years. He leads on the design and delivery of Data Orchard’s training programme and has delivered courses to staff, volunteers, trustees and leaders in the charity, community organisations and public sectors.
WHAT WILL I GET FROM IT?
- A grounding in some of the key concepts around data
- Confidence to have better conversations about data in your organisation
- Useful tools that will help you work with data more effectively