Renfrewshire’s Plan for Net Zero: Community Conversation
1.30pm - 3.30pm
Our communities are key when it comes to designing and delivering Renfrewshire’s Plan for Net Zero and ensuring a just transition in response to the climate emergency.
We would like to invite you as a key community stakeholder to join a workshop from 13:30pm – 15:30pm on Wednesday 28 June at the Lagoon Leisure Centre, Paisley.
We are committed to working towards net zero by 2030 for the whole of Renfrewshire to ensure a safer, healthier, greener and fairer place for everyone to live, work and spend time in. Your input and ideas on local priorities and key issues based on your local experiences and knowledge of the groups you work with will ensure that the delivery phase of Renfrewshire’s Plan for Net Zero reflects the needs of all our communities, that the benefits are shared equitably, and that no one is left behind.
Previous engagement identified our 5 focus areas for action covering:
- Clean Energy: minimising energy demand, maximise energy efficiency and transform our energy systems to deliver clean, affordable energy for all
- Sustainable Transport: maximising sustainable transport opportunities to deliver an inclusive, affordable transport system that provides choice for all
- Circular Economy: making Renfrewshire a circular economy society: minimising waste & maximising reuse, recycling & recovery of resources rather than treating them as waste
- Connected Communities: empowering our communities by ensuring an inclusive and just transition to net zero with social justice and health and wellbeing at its core for current and future generations
- Resilient Place: optimising biodiversity and nature locally to enhance our natural environment and maximise green economic opportunities, while planning and preparing for impacts of climate change
Aim: to ensure the next stage of the Plan builds on the 5 key themes and identifies opportunities and solutions shaped by community priorities and ideas and feedback of community groups across Renfrewshire. This will ensure a just transition to net zero that sets out to tackle the cost of living crisis and climate emergency hand in hand, working together to transform local areas and bring local benefits and opportunities for all.
Help to shape the next phase of Renfrewshire’s Plan for Net Zero:
- Be Heard: we will listen to all feedback, ideas and comments and identify opportunities and solutions to address local issues and enable change
- Be Involved: see how your community’s feedback shapes decisions and contributes to the priorities and solutions for the next steps
To book your place please click on this link where you can register. If you have any problems at all with the registration or any questions about the event please don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.