Just Enterprise - Legal Structures for Start Ups Part 2
10.30am - 12pm
The programme is divided into two workshops:
The first session will consider incorporation and what that means; provide an overview of the most adopted legal structures for social enterprises in Scotland; and will clarify the governance and legal responsibilities required from your Board of Directors.
The second session will consider the asset lock and what it means; explain the need for Memorandum and Articles of Association, highlighting their importance to a social enterprise; and will go over some frequently asked questions.
Join this engaging, interactive workshop to find out more.
For you if:
- You are starting a social enterprise and want to know about choosing the right legal structure;
- You would like to understand the roles and responsibilities of Directors;
- You want to better understand Memorandum and Articles and what they mean;
- You want to better understand the term Asset Lock and what it can mean for your enterprise.
NOT for you if:
- You are looking for legal advice rather than guidance.
Please note, you need to be able to attend both dates:
Monday 15th February 10.30am-12.00pm AND Monday 22nd February 10.30am-12.00pm
Wednesday 17th March 1.30pm-3.00pm AND Wednesday 24th March 1.30pm-3.00pm
This course is fully funded and there is no charge to participants