ROAR - Connections for Life Ltd
Roar - Connections for Life is a provider of preventative, health and wellbeing services for older people through the development of community opportunities that connect lives. Our services are funded from a range of sources including RHSCP and income generation from charging. Roar is coordinated by a small staff team and the services are delivered by volunteers.
- A network of health and wellbeing clubs
- One to One Befriending for isolated people living alone
- Phone Befriending
- Volunteering opportunities with a particular focus on later life volunteering opportunities
- Information and Signposting to help people navigate through the services and opportunities that could best fit their needs.
A range of projects which vary in duration/cost including
- Breath of Fresh Air – for older men
- Exclusive Health and Wellbeing Classes
- Personal Foot Care
- Falls and Fire Prevention Support
Roar opportunities can be accessed through self-referral or application. Some of the services are only available to people who meet defined criteria.