School for Social Entrepreneurs - Getting Started with Fundraising Day 2
Are you new to fundraising and keen to learn how to get started? Need to raise money for your organisation or project? This new course is designed to give you an overview of how fundraising works, what types of fundraising are appropriate for your organisation, and what you need to do next to begin securing grants and donations.
What you’ll learn on Getting Started with Fundraising:
- Fundraising glossary – making sense of some commonly used terms
- A quick introduction to grant-making trusts and foundations
- Other common types of fundraising and how they work
- How to choose the most appropriate types of fundraising for your organisation
- Making people believe in your work – how to develop your central ‘case for support’
- Who should do your fundraising, what should you pay them and what return can you expect?
- Ensuring your fundraising is safe, legal and ethical
- Some universal fundraising rules that will never let you down
- Where to go for further fundraising inspiration and support
The course includes a series of presentations and interactive exercises. It is designed to be a whistle-stop tour of fundraising for people who currently know very little and want a solid general overview. We also run more specific courses on winning grants from trusts & foundations and developing a long-term fundraising strategy for those looking for more in-depth training in those areas.