Keep up to date with Engage Renfrewshire
RenSEN Newsletter - 06 February
Social Enterprise News
- School for Social Entrepreneurs (SSE) has a schedule of learning opportunities designed to support Voluntary, Community and Social Enterprises (VCSEs) to compete for government contracts. Find out more about SSEs workshop programme here.
- Culture & Business Scotland deliver a range of support services for organisations operating in the arts and culture sector, including skills training and business briefings. Find out more here.
Ability Net : Connecting You Scheme
New digital device programme - 150* Lenovo M8 4th Gen (wifi) tablets for digitally excluded individuals.
*Please note the 150 devices is to cover the whole programme and not just for Renfrewshire.
To avoid any disappointment and potentially missing out on this fantastic opportunity, organisations are being encouraged to apply as soon as possible – to assist with this, I have outlined details of the programme below, which comprises of the following:
- What can be applied for;
- Supporting recipients of devices;
- Regular reporting requirements;
- Other important points;
- How to apply.
If you require further information, please contact Chris Grant, Community Relationship Officer (North UK) at AbilityNet by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
The device(s) must be provided to individuals who fit the following criteria:
- Digitally excluded: cannot afford access to an appropriate device; and
- Be 18+ with a disability and / or Over the age of 55; and
- Resident in the UK
Organisations can apply for the following:
- DEVICE – each application can apply for up to a max. of 10 devices
- INTERNET – Where an individual does not have internet access, a Vodafone SIM Card can be provided with 6 months free data and unlimited calls and texts. Please note, a MIFI device will be required for the sim card to work – this is not included.
Organisations must be working with / supporting individuals receiving the device. It is envisaged that successful organisations will support learners with their new device, however where this is not possible AbilityNet may be able to provide this support.
There are no regular reporting requirements associated with this programme.
- SUITABILITY: The equipment is not suitable for device loan projects and will become the property of each beneficiary.
- CASE STUDY: Organisations will be required to submit a case study(ies) – organisations will be advised further if their application is successful.
Please apply at ConnectingU Device Scheme Interest form (office.com) as soon as possible:
Please note, any applications submitted by a Service / Team within Renfrewshire Council, must first seek approval from their line manager before applying.
Representatives from Inchinnan Development Trust are heading to Scottish Parliament on 6th February to showcase their work at an event to celebrate community landowners in Scotland. 200 delegates are expected to attend the event which has been organised by Community Land Scotland and host Kaukab Steward MSP. The event will highlight the impact community landownership has made regarding historic buildings, climate and biodiversity, arts-based community centres and neighbourhood regeneration. You can find out more about the event here
Dates for your diary
- 14 February – UK General Election: What do social enterprises want? Online event hosted by Social Enterprise Scotland
- 28 February – SCVO will be hosting a webinar on the changes which will affect charities as a result of the ‘The Charities (Regulation and Administration) (Scotland) Act 2023. This event is free to attend. Click on the hyperlink to book your place.