Keep up to date with Engage Renfrewshire
IN-Ren Newsletter - 07 February
Race Equality Week
This week is Race Equality Week. The theme, #ListenActChange, was selected by the Race Equality Matters community.
It reflects ongoing findings and feedback. In particular:
- Only 25 % of the REM community believes their organisation focuses on action, change, and impact, and not just words.
- 63% believe that less than a quarter of allies are actually helping to tackle race inequality.
- 44% said their senior leaders and managers are committed to tackling race inequality, but only 21% said their senior leaders and managers are making an impact in tackling race inequality.
We need to make it everyone’s business
Building on the REW 2023 theme, which sent a clear message that race equality is everyone’s business (#ItsEveryonesBusiness), in 2024 #ListenActChange will galvanise everyone to focus on taking action.
Event Reminder - Cost of Living Community Event
Fair Food Renfrewshire is a food partnership for Renfrewshire.
Our common vision is access to good food for all. We want Renfrewshire citizens to enjoy and benefit from food locally grown, produced, bought, cooked, and eaten each day.
This survey is for any group, organisation or business involved in - or would like to be involved in:
- providing nutritional or cooking classes in the community
- providing food support
- growing food in a public or communal space.
Three of our priorities are;
- Working to reduce, then eradicate food poverty, by promoting a collaborative approach across all communities, ensuring a dignified and fair access to healthy and affordable food for all.
- Increased access and availability of growing grounds in every town and village within Renfrewshire.
- Widen access and availability to educational opportunities regarding nutrition and cooking skills, and wider use of "home economics" type classes within education, health and community settings.
We are looking for information about what currently happens to provide food support, grow food and provide food nutrition or cooking education in Renfrewshire. This will help us understand current demand and identify any gaps or issues.
Your survey responses will help shape work on what can be improved and how we can develop new connections.
Please help us by completing the survey located on the Council’s website -
The survey has been extended to 25 February 2024 and your help and support is very much appreciated.
It will only take a maximum of 10 minutes to complete.
Recharge your batteries - Sessions for BAME Women
PATH (Scotland) has organised a two and a half hour online session where you’ll have space to talk, to listen, to give and get support and to recharge your batteries, alongside other Black women and Women of colour who are doing the same.
The session will run four times over the next two weeks, on 8th, 9th, 13th and 14th February. Just sign up for one that suits you. The dates, times and Zoom registration links are shown below. Once you register, the meeting link will be sent automatically.
If you have any questions or queries, just get in touch.
I look forward to seeing you at one of the ‘Recharge your batteries' sessions, when we can also decide how we’ll continue to support each other. Because, as we know, support networks are worth their weight in gold!
Discover Digital Workshops
The workshops will include information on free and trusted tools and resources for health and wellbeing. For example, a clinically proven app for better sleep.
This series will be part of a collaboration between the ALLIANCE’s Discover Digital project and the Digital Citizen Panel (DCP). The sessions will be co-designed with members of the DCP, with the aim of increasing the overall digital health awareness of the DCP.
The first workshop will be on Thursday 1 February 2024, 6-730pm, and held on Zoom. This first workshop will launch the series, so will look a little different from the rest.
We will be holding three further workshops on these dates, which will go a little more in depth into the tools. These sessions will be similar to each other, so no need to attend them all.
- Thursday 15 Feb 10-1130am
- Thursday 14 March 6-730pm
- Thursday 11 April 10-1130am
To sign up, or request further information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0141 404 0231. If you have accessibility requirements, please let us know at least seven days prior to the sessions.
Bridging the Gap