Keep up to date with Engage Renfrewshire
Engage Update - 05 February
Safer Internet Day 2024
Tomorrow is Safer Internet Day.
Safer Internet Day is the UK’s biggest celebration of online safety. Each year we cover an online issue or theme that speaks to the things young people are seeing and experiencing online. Created in consultation with young people across the UK, this year Safer Internet Day will be focusing on change online, this includes covering:
- Young people’s perspective on new and emerging technology
- Using the internet to make change for the better
- The changes young people want to see online
- The things that can influence and change the way young people think, feel and act online and offline
Fair Food Renfrewshire
Fair Food Renfrewshire is a food partnership for Renfrewshire.
Our common vision is access to good food for all. We want Renfrewshire citizens to enjoy and benefit from food locally grown, produced, bought, cooked, and eaten each day.
This survey is for any group, organisation or business involved in - or would like to be involved in:
- providing nutritional or cooking classes in the community
- providing food support
- growing food in a public or communal space.
Three of our priorities are;
- Working to reduce, then eradicate food poverty, by promoting a collaborative approach across all communities, ensuring a dignified and fair access to healthy and affordable food for all.
- Increased access and availability of growing grounds in every town and village within Renfrewshire.
- Widen access and availability to educational opportunities regarding nutrition and cooking skills, and wider use of "home economics" type classes within education, health and community settings.
We are looking for information about what currently happens to provide food support, grow food and provide food nutrition or cooking education in Renfrewshire. This will help us understand current demand and identify any gaps or issues.
Your survey responses will help shape work on what can be improved and how we can develop new connections.
Please help us by completing the survey located on the Council’s website -
The survey has been extended to 25 February 2024 and your help and support is very much appreciated.
It will only take a maximum of 10 minutes to complete!
Recharge your batteries - Sessions for BAME Women
PATH (Scotland) has organised a two and a half hour online session where you’ll have space to talk, to listen, to give and get support and to recharge your batteries, alongside other Black women and Women of colour who are doing the same.
The session will run four times over the next two weeks, on 8th, 9th, 13th and 14th February. Just sign up for one that suits you. The dates, times and Zoom registration links are shown below. Once you register, the meeting link will be sent automatically.
If you have any questions or queries, just get in touch.
I look forward to seeing you at one of the ‘Recharge your batteries' sessions, when we can also decide how we’ll continue to support each other. Because, as we know, support networks are worth their weight in gold!