Keep up to date with Engage Renfrewshire
Employment and Volunteering Focus - 09 February
Housing Support Officer
EVH Grade 5 (£27,440 - £30,495) (pay award pending)
We are seeking to recruit an enthusiastic and self-motivated Housing Support Officer to join our Housing Services Team. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing a housing support service to residents of our two sheltered housing schemes in Johnstone and Paisley.
Health, Safety & Compliance Officer
EVH Grade 7 £36,860 – £40,475
We are seeking a highly skilled, enthusiastic and dynamic individual to work in our Assets Team. The role of the Health, Safety & Compliance Officer is to provide a comprehensive health & safety service to ensure that the Association is compliant in all legislative aspects of this service. To meet regulatory, statutory and other legislative duties.
Make your mark Volunteer Managers Conference 2024, Thursday 29 February at 9:15am online
Make Your Mark is a campaign to increase the number and diversity of heritage volunteers in Scotland. By heritage, we mean built, natural, cultural and intangible heritage. It is made possible with The National Lottery Heritage Fund.
Join Make Your Mark for a day of talks and workshops about embedding inclusion in every step of the volunteer journey.
Topics include -
- How to build a volunteer programme with inclusion at its core
- Learn how to embed inclusion throughout the volunteer journey
- Networking opportunity with other volunteer organisers
Renfrewshire Council deliver a number of events throughout the year. One highlight of the event calendar is Paisley Food and Drink Festival.
The festival will take place on Friday 26 April and Saturday 27 April 2024. Located between Abbey Close and Bridge Street with great street food, the Renfrewshire CAMRA beer tent, live music, children’s workshops and much, much more!
Food and Drink Festival Event Volunteers:
Paisley Food and Drink Festival is looking for helpers to deliver this fun and vibrant spring festival.
Examples of tasks undertaken as the Food and Drink Festival Volunteer:
- Workshop Buddy- You will play an active and important role in the delivery of children’s programme at the Food and Drink Festival. As a buddy you will assist workshop leads with the workshop guest list and ticket checks, help with workshop activities, setting up, resetting, and cleaning workshop area before, after and in-between the workshops.
- Radio Room Assistant- You will be assisting event crew with radio sign in/out protocol, making sure everyone has been assigned radio, an earpiece and event accreditation. Your other responsibility will be to look after radio charging station, charging up radios, and looking after Radio Room equipment through the festival.
- Event Point of Contact – Act as a point of contacts to the event visitors. Your main duties will be to assist event visitors with event information and site directions. Other duties will include, help distribute event programmes, welcome and guide event guests and assist event staff on the day with event related minor tasks.
Find out more information here
Food and Drink Festival 2024, Event Volunteer (engagerenfrewshire.org)
A great opportunity for life saving equipment.
Applications for a free, British Heart Foundation -funded defibrillator are now open.
All eligible UK-based community groups can apply. Each organisation can only apply for one award package.
There are a limited number of funded defibrillators and applications will be reviewed monthly.
Applications close on 28 February 2024.
Applications now open for the Scottish Charity Awards!
We're delighted to share that applications are now open for the Scottish Charity Awards 2024.
If your organisation has had a particularly special year, we want to hear all about your achievements and impact!
Whether you’ve secured a campaign victory, responded to a new need in your community, or overcome unusually challenging circumstances - share your story and help us celebrate the brilliant work going on in voluntary organisations of all shapes and sizes across Scotland!
Volunteer of the Year
Inspiring individuals help transform our society every day, and voluntary organisations benefit from the time, skills and experience of volunteers in all aspects of our work.
This award recognises a volunteer, supporter or patron (unpaid) who has gone that extra mile and made a significant difference to your organisation, community or cause. We want to hear about a breadth of work carried out over the years, but in particular, we'd like to hear about what made the last year special.
Perhaps your volunteer has brought skills and experience that has helped the organisation to develop in a new area, or they have a long term and trusted mentor relationship with someone your organisation supports.
Nominate them here
St Mirren - Recreational Football Sessions
Fancy a kick about or a game of 5’s with the chance to meet new and exciting people whilst boosting you mental and physical well-being? Come on down to Seedhill Community Sports Complex every Thursday night… we would love to have you.
Spaces Available to Book Now!
Women’s session – 7pm till 8pm
Men’s Session 7:30 till 8:30pm
Empower Women for Change Drop Ins and Events