RenSEN Newsletter - 26 October
Community Benefit Successful Applicants
Successful applicants for the Kiley Bros Ltd, CB’s,
- Klas CARE
- Twist & Hit
- RAMH superstore Paisley
Successful applicants for the Alexander group Ltd, CB’s,
- Thorn Athletic (Financial)
- Kipco (Non-financial)
In case you missed it…here are some details of upcoming workshops, leadership training and other social enterprise news.
Remember to share these opportunities with your Board members and volunteers
Leadership Development Programmes
- Developing Social Entrepreneurs (last few spaces available) – The ‘Developing Social Entrepreneurs’ programme (from Just Enterprise) is a fully funded leadership development programme, designed specifically for individuals looking to set up a new social enterprise. The programme runs from November 2021 to March 2022. Full details about the programme can be found here.
- Aspiring Leaders Programme (Just Enterprise) – This is a development programme for current staff or volunteers who are looking to take the next step into a management or leadership role within a social enterprise. The programme will develop your understanding of leadership roles and build your confidence to manage and lead. Runs from February to April 2022.
Funding and Investment
- Recovery Loan Fund – ‘The Recovery Loan Fund provides loans to UK charities and social enterprises who have been impacted by Covid 19 and need funds to help them to survive, recover and grow.’ The Fund is being run by Social Investment Business with initial investment from SIB and the Fusion21 Foundation.
- Refurbished Tech and Desktop PCs – Are you looking to upgrade your tech or need desktop PCs? If so, Remade can help. Remade is a social enterprise based on the southside of Glasgow. They have refurbished tech and desktop PCs available for purchase by third sector groups. Remade can also customise an order to meet your needs and can provide multiples of 10 desktops for any larger requests. If you would like the items delivered to you, there is a delivery charge. You can find out more about this service via their website. Complete the online enquiry form and they will contact you to discuss in more detail.
- SCVO webinars available to watch-again – SCVO now has a number of webinar recordings available on YouTube. These webinars cover a range of topics including: Social Investment: Helping Boards to think differently about risk, Charities and Trading Subsidiaries, Business Planning post Covid.
- 28 October – Go Green to Grow Your Business (Business Gateway) - How developing your green credentials can help grow your business
- 29 October – Planning and Scheduling Your Social Media Content (Digital Boost) – How planning and curating good content can increase your social media impact
- 02 November – An Introduction to websites (Digital Boost) – Covers the key considerations when developing a website
- 02 November – The Young Persons Guide to Starting a Business (Business Gateway)
- 03 November – How to Build a Digital Marketing Plan (Digital Boost) – How to develop a strategy which actually works
- 08 November – Twitter for Business (Digital Boots) – Find out how to use Twitter to reach a wider audience and maximise impact through engaging content
- 09 November – Facebook for Business (Digital Boost) – How understanding the Facebook algorithm can help you create content which achieves greater impact
- 10 November – Marketing 3 x Simple Steps to Get New Customers (Business Gateway) – You’ll use a step-by-step workbook to create your own marketing plan
- 10 November – Everything you need to know when starting a business (Business Gateway)
- 11 November – Enhance Your Business with Digital (Digital Boost) – This webinar will help remove some common fears and barriers about moving your business online.