RenSEN Newsletter - 12 October
RACIAL EQUALITY TRAINING – Thursday 28 October, 10am-12pm
Every single organisation in Scotland has a responsibility to address and eradicate institutional racism. If you’re not sure what that is or how to go about it, this session is perfect for you.
- History of diversity, and legislation, in the UK
- Scotland’s and Renfrewshire’s ethnic population figures
- What are micro-aggressions
- What is unconscious bias, and nuances of bias
After the session you will:
- Be able to apply a more inclusive approach to service design/delivery
- Better understand barriers to accessing your services
- Be able to support cultural differences and better engage with your communities
This session will present good practice principles, raise awareness of racial discrimination and build your confidence in engaging with the communities you work/live in. It is an MS Teams session; links will be sent in the week of the training.
BOOK NOW due to limited numbers: https://bit.ly/3DjEDAD
SE Training Dates for October and November
- 19 October – Start Up Workshop: Business Models and Business Planning (Just Enterprise)
- 26 October – Start Up Workshop: SWOT for Rural Start Ups (Just Enterprise)
- 27 October – Introduction to Business Planning (Just Enterprise)
- 03 November – Business Planning for Community Led Social Enterprise (Just Enterprise)
Digital Skills and Social Media
- 20 October – Become More Visible Online (Business Gateway)
- 25 October – LinkedIn for Business (Business Gateway)
- 29 October – Video Production for Social Media (Just Enterprise)
- 29 October – Planning and Scheduling Your Online Content (Just Enterprise)
- 03 November – How to Use Sharepoint (SCVO)
- 11 November – Introduction to E-Commerce (Just Enterprise)
- 17 November – Using Microsoft Word (SCVO)
- 18 October – Budgeting for Your Organisation (Just Enterprise)
- 02 November – Preparing for Social Investment (Just Enterprise)
- 10 November – Start-Up Webinar: Bookkeeping (Just Enterprise)
- 16 November – Charitable Trading ( Just Enterprise)
- 18 November – Understanding Financial Statements (Just Enterprise)
- 22 October – Writing Successful Bids (School for Social Entrepreneurs, fees apply)
- 25 October – Developing Your Fundraising Skills (SCVO fees apply)
- 26 October – Getting Started with Fundraising (School for Social Entrepreneurs, fees apply)
- 26 October – Be Report Writing Ready (SCVO fees apply)
Governance and Leadership
- 20 October – Start Up Workshop: Starting a Charity (Just Enterprise)
- 27 October – Meeting Today’s Volunteering Challenges (SCVO fees apply)
- 27 October – Review Your Constitution (Engage Renfrewshire)
- 10 November – Developing Social Entrepreneurs ( Just Enterprise)
- 11 November – Start-Up Webinar: Mission & Objectives (Just Enterprise)
- 16 November – Charitable Trading (Just Enterprise)
- 24 November – Informal Committee Skills (Engage Renfrewshire)
- 15 October – Winning Public Sector Contracts (School for Social Entrepreneurs)
- 04 November – Introduction to Tendering (Just Enterprise)
Managing the Workplace
- 18 October – Returning to Premises: Legionella Training (GCVS and Engage Renfrewshire)
- 28 October – Returning to the Workplace (GCVS and Engage Renfrewshire)
- 28 October – Start Up Workshop: Introduction to Branding (Just Enterprise)
- 28 and 29 October – Introductory ‘How to’ session on raising funds through sponsorship. Online event from Arts and Business Scotland. Fees apply. Eventbrite booking link.
- 27 October Culture and Business Fund Scotland surgery session – This online surgery is for organisations looking to find out more about the Fund. You can find full details on the events page
Renfrewshire Employability Grants Programme
Round 1 is open for applications, The RLEP look forward to receiving applications by the closing date – Wednesday 20 October (midnight).
This new, grants programme has been developed by Renfrewshire’s Local Employability Partnership (RLEP) in response to the Scottish Government’s No One Left Behind (NOLB) policy which brings a significant shift in decision making in relation to how employability funding is utilised to a local level.
This new grant programme, a new local method of jointly commissioning services aims to be an open and transparent approach which offers all local employability providers the opportunity to get involved.
It will support innovation, pilots, new ideas and approaches which will contribute to:
- Reducing unemployment in Renfrewshire
- Increasing income through employment for low income families.
The grants programme will allow providers to come forward with their own ideas and suggestions for new services and provisions based on evidence of need.
Renfrewshire LEP encourages employability service providers to use their expertise, local knowledge and links with other partners to develop creative and innovative proposals that they have confidence there is demand for and that meet local gaps in service delivery and complement existing provision.
The RLEP look forward to receiving applications by the closing date – Wednesday 20 October (midnight).
Please contact Iain Cunningham for more info email@example.com