Engage Daily Update - 12 April
Renfrewshire Affordable Credit
Want to help your client base by better understanding good credit choices, affordable credit options, money and problem spending?
Renfrewshire Affordable Credit Alliance (RACA) are hosting an online information event on Tuesday 11 May from 10am-11.15am. Book here
RACA works to champion fair and honest finance – and to ensure that everyone, no matter their income level, has better options that help reduce the risk of falling into problem debt.
Whether you are voluntary or public sector, if you support clients who would benefit from making improved choices about credit, then you are welcome to attend. You will hear from a range of speakers and have a chance to ask questions.
Find out more about our speakers and how to book here
We look forward to welcoming you.
Support for Organisations
The Bridge and other CYP service developments
Monday 19 April 10-11am, via MS Teams
There are various exciting developments in the types and styles of services becoming available to CYP in Renfrewshire. Join our one hour session aimed at anyone delivering services for families, children & young people. You will hear from Renfrewshire Council Educational Psychology Team and Children’s Services department about important developments, projects and opportunities to get involved. Register here https://tinyurl.com/35w3c98h
Ethnic Minority Employee Engagement - 19 April
What have been your challenges securing employment as an ethnic minority person?
How confident are you seeking support from employment agencies in Renfrewshire?
What do you think would be positive change in Renfrewshire to help you/your family make informed choices about employability?
Describe your experience of volunteering.
These conversations are a space for ethnic minority people to come together, share experiences and think about solutions.
Renfrewshire Employability programmes info session
Join us on Tuesday 27 April at 10am for a short briefing on the various employability programmes now available in Renfrewshire; this one hour session is aimed at anyone delivering services for young people, employability practitioners and business leaders. You will hear from Invest and Engage about what’s available, when and for whom. Register here https://tinyurl.com/b8zxrnfy
Apply now for the Renfrewshire COVID-19 Discretionary Business Grant – funding still available
This grant is for small businesses, micro businesses and the self-employed in Renfrewshire who are experiencing the most disruption due to the Covid-19 pandemic but are not eligible for other Covid-19 grants.
- Businesses in commercial premises with responsibility for rates who can demonstrate a considerable income loss since October 2020.
- Businesses with a rateable value of up to £9,999 can get a grant of £5,000 and businesses greater than £10,000 can get a grant of £10,000.
- Businesses in hardship operating from a home or from a leased commercial premise can qualify for a £2,500 grant.
- Newly self-employed businesses started between 17 March 2020 and 1 October 2020 who haven't qualified for any other support will be eligible for a £2,500 grant.
Businesses eligible for other COVID-19 support cannot apply for this grant. This includes businesses eligible for support through the Strategic Framework Business Fund, Newly Self-Employed Hardship Fund, Mobile and Home-Based Close Contact Services Fund and the Taxi and Private Hire Driver Support Fund.
Before you apply, read the full eligibility criteria in the online application form to check:
- your business qualifies for the grant
- you have all the information we need to process your application.
You should apply as soon as possible.
We will assess and verify applications case-by-case, and they will be awarded on a first-come-first-served basis, with only one application per business allowed.
If your application is approved, we aim to make payment within five working days. If your application is incomplete, it may be delayed and not assessed in time for the funds to be allocated.
Contact our Economic Development Team at email@example.com if you need more information.
Apply for a Renfrewshire COVID-19 Discretionary Business Grant
Funder of the Week
Merchant House of Glasgow
Who Can Apply?
- A Charity registered with OSCR- (Office Of Scottish Charity Regulator)
- Organisations providing care and assistance to groups of or concerned with disabled, elderly or terminally ill, and the socially deprived
- Organisations providing for the care, advancement and rehabilitation of youth
- Universities, Colleges of Further Education and Schools
- Organisations connected with the Arts – Music, Theatre and the visual arts
- Such organisations of which the Dean of Guild is an honorary President or vice-President or other honorary office-bearer, or on which the Merchants House is officially represented
How much can be applied for?
Grants range from £500 to £10,000.
The grants committee meets in February, April, August and November.
When you make an application we will respond with an indication as to when a decision will be made
For more information please go to:- https://www.merchantshouse.org.uk/application-guidance
Our friends at BLM-Renfrewshire are putting out a challenge for the local Renfrewshire community to design their new logo!
If you would like your design to feature as their new logo please send them a photo of your submission by Thursday 29th April 2021
Submissions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
*equirements: The logo must have the words 'Black Lives Matter Renfrewshire'. You can design it online (e.g. Canva) or send a photo of a drawing (and they will recreate it digitally). Happy designing!