Engage Daily Update - 11 March
Chest Heart& Stroke Scotland - Looking for Trustees
CHSS are recruiting up to four positions and would particularly like to take this opportunity to speak with people who have one or more of the following areas of knowledge, skills and experience:
- Lived experience of our conditions, particularly chest or heart conditions
- Qualified accountancy
- Clinical practice and medical research
- Governance and audit
Support for Individuals
V For Life - free national monthly lunch club in partnership with Age UK on the 4th Tuesday of every month. It's open to vegans, vegetarians, and meat reducers aged 65 and over, living anywhere in the UK. This is currently run online via Zoom. A great social activity for people who may still be shielding, or who would simply like to meet others and relieve feelings of isolation. A recipe is provided each week and we meet virtually to chat and enjoy the recipe
Support for Organisations
SCVO have recorded a webinar on the process of charities merging. As the need for third sector organisations increases and unfortunately funding might decrease, are merges something that might happen more frequently over the next year or two? Speakers from the Simon Community and Social Enterprise Network Scotland discuss the opportunities and challenges presented by charity mergers during a pandemic
The funder of the week is The Mikel Fund
In order for The Mickel Fund to consider your application for funding, please make sure you have answered all of the following questions and uploaded all the information required before submitting your application.
The Mickel Fund Trustees meet twice a year to consider applications, in March and September.
THE CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS TO BE CONSIDERED AT THE MEETING BEING HELD ON 25TH MARCH 2021 HAS NOW CLOSED.
Any applications submitted will be considered at the subsequent meeting of the Trustees due to be held in September 2021 (DATE TBC).
NB: If you do not include all of the following information your application may not be processed or it may take longer to process.
- What is the specific aim or purpose of your organisation or project?
- Have you applied to us before? - If yes, what was the outcome?
- If successful, what was the amount received?
- What is your organisation’s principal mission or vision?
- Describe in more detail the specific project and the intended purpose of the funds.
- Have you applied to other sources, including trusts, for this particular project or funding bid?
- What other statutory and voluntary organisation do you have links with, if any?
- Roughly what % of each £ you receive will go to your project or core activity?
- When do you need the funds?
- When do you expect your project to be completed? (if applicable)
- What other organisations, if any, have already provided support?
- Give up to 3 key outcomes by which you will measure the success of your project.
We no longer requests a copy of your most recent audited annual report and accounts at application stage, however if your application is successful you may be asked to provide this prior to any donation being made.
If you meet all the eligibility requirements, and can provide all the information detailed above, click to proceed to the Mickel Fund application form
Loss & Grief: To raise awareness of loss and grief during COVID-19 and the impact on mental health and wellbeing
Healthy Minds training session - Loss & Grief Tickets, Thu 25 Mar 2021 at 14:30 | Eventbrite
Loneliness & Isolation session: To raise awareness loneliness and isolation and their impact on mental health and wellbeing
Healthy Minds training session - Loneliness & Isolation Tickets, Wed 24 Mar 2021 at 14:30 | Eventbrite
Healthy Minds training session - Loneliness & Isolation Tickets, Tue 30 Mar 2021 at 14:30 | Eventbrite
Please use the links to access more detailed information about the courses, background information and the objectives.
Each session is limited to 10 attendees; for this reason, please only book 1 ticket per organisation per session. If you can no longer attend please cancel your ticket.
Attendance is free and we ask on registration that you provide your mobile phone number, plus your line manager’s name and number. This is standard procedure for delivering online mental health sessions, in case you go offline unexpectedly for any reason, it means that we can check you are OK. All information is kept confidentially and deleted afterwards.