Engage Daily Update - 06 August
Established Social Enterprises
- 06 August – Website Analytics To Improve Your Business (online / Digitalboost)
- 09 August – An Introduction to Websites and What You Need to Consider (online / Digitalboost)
- 09 August – Intellectual Property: The Fundamentals (online / Business Gateway)
- 10 August – Effective Use of Social Media (online / Business Gateway)
- 10 August – Online User Experience: How to Improve It (online / Digitalboost)
- 11 August – How to Build a Digital Marketing Plan (online / Digitalboost)
- 12 August – Cloud for Business (online / Digitalboost)
- 16 August – Charities and VAT (online / SCVO)
- 16 August – How to Improve Your Google Search Ranking (online / Digitalboost)
- 17 August – Protect Your Data from Hackers (online / Digitalboost)
- 18 August – Producing Engaging Online Content (online / Digitalboost)
- 19 August – Video Production for Social Media (online / Digitalboost)
- 20 August – Remote and Flexible Working (online / Business Gateway)
- 20 August – Creating a Website Using Wordpress (Part 1 online / Business Gateway)
- 20 August – Creating a Website Using Wordpress (Part 2 online / Business Gateway)
- 23 August – Webinars, Live Streams and Video Conferences: How to (online / Digitalboost)
- 24 August – Planning and Scheduling Your Online Content (online / Digitalboost)
- 25 August – Social Investment: Why Trustees need to think differently about strategy and risk (online / SCVO)
- 26 August – LinkedIn for Business (online / Digitalboost)
- 27 August – Get Impact and Engagement with Social Media (online / Digitalboost)
- 30 August – Instagram for Business (online / Digitalboost)
- 31 August – Email Marketing for Business (online / Digitalboost)
- 06 September – Making Use of YouTube in Your Business (online / Business Gateway)
- 09 September - Workforce Essential Digital Skills (online / SCVO)
Online learning at your own pace - Just Enterprise is also offering online, module-based courses which you can complete at your own pace (over an 8-week period). Programmes include: ‘Measuring Social Impact’ and ‘Tendering for Contracts’. Full details can be found here
- Renfrewshire Council - Contact our Social Enterprise Officer to discuss your business support needs and next steps
- Renfrewshire Social Enterprise Network (RenSEN) – Looking for peer-support? Become a member of RenSEN. It’s free to join.
- Partnership 4 Procurement (P4P) has launched their consultancy support service which includes: a Procurement Healthcheck to assess your tender-readiness, a Market Scanner Service to identify procurement opportunities based on your organisation’s sector, size and ambitions, and a Procurement Accelerator Programme providing knowledge and training.
- Just Enterprise - Provides support to develop your Recovery Plan
If you want to find out more about Renfrewshire Social Enterprise Network (RenSEN), please do not hesitate to contact us:
- Iain Cunningham, Third Sector Development Officer, Engage Renfrewshire
- Tania Morlan, Social Enterprise Officer, Renfrewshire Council.
Support for Individuals
The Community Ownership Fund supports community and voluntary groups to protect and take over local assets, amenities and services that are of value to the community and are at risk of being lost.
The aims of the fund are to: save local assets through targeted investment,: strengthen the capacity of communities to shape places and develop sustainable community businesses; empower communities in ”left behind places” to “level up”; strengthen direct links between places and the UK government.
The total fund is £150 million over 2021-25 across the four UK nations. A minimum of £12.3 million will be allocated to projects in Scotland.
The prospectus, full guidance document and forms for applicants can be found here
Grab A Grant - Volunteering Matters Action Earth
With COP26 coming to Scotland in November, now is the time to ‘Grab A Grant’ and take action to tackle the Global Climate Emergency at a local level.
After a difficult year, volunteers have been eager to scale-up or restart safe and structured environmental activities across Scotland. We have awarded over half of our 2021 Volunteering Matters Action Earth grants in under 2 months.
Thanks to funding from NatureScot, we are already supporting groups with green space improvements and habitat creation projects. New wildflower meadows, ponds, woodlands and orchards are being planted or created to make space for Nature.
Our grants of up to £250 are available for volunteers to purchase plants, tools and materials. We also have a VERY limited number of grants at a higher level to assist projects where people with disabilities or defined health needs make up at least 50% of the volunteer numbers.
Anyone planning events in Autumn or Winter should apply soon to guarantee availability as grants are awarded on a ‘first come’ basis.
Successful 2021 Action Earth applicants include youth, disability & BAME projects. Activities are taking place in women’s refuges, hospitals, hospices, centres for people in recovery, sheltered and care housing, community sports areas and community gardens.
To register for an Action Earth grant visit: https://volunteeringmatters.org.uk/project/action-earth/
Or email email@example.com
New Opportunities on our site this week:
Rest & Relaxation Hubs Volunteers needed for Royal Alexandra Hospital, Paisley
Retail Volunteer at Erskine CHSS
Chairperson - CREATE Paisley
Doors Open Days Digital Media, Photography Volunteer
Bucket Collectors required for Fundraising Event for Create Paisley
And many more...